Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slip-sliding away

Okay where are we now - the eighth??? Yikes.

The week's been productive in many ways. Got back from Dublin last night: I now have an unsmushed car and unsmashed glasses. My yoga test-run (to see how messed up my back & neck were) went pretty well. And the house is creaking back to normal. I'm still behind on email, but there's progress.

Today: er... not quite as much achieved as expected: a valiant start, scuppered when an afternoon coffee turned into a smidge more. Still, playing an epic game of The Simpsons Monopoly was good fun - this version abandons cash, so you swipe debit cards through at each turn. I kind of missed the drama of people flinging cash at each other, or stealing it behind their little sister's back. That's right, stealing. From your baby sister. Yes, you know who you are.

However, despite the fun & frolics, I am aching to reacquaint myself with the book-in-progress, to immerse myself and see what words rise up. Ready now :-)

No comments: