Saturday, January 3, 2009

All is quiet...

So, the final show: sold out, a smidge ropey in places, but we made it through and the audience was brilliant. Went for drinks in Annie May's afterwards, where we were well taken care of (and I was informed that I was a "lighting bitch" - in the play, that is). Then I came back with a friend to Baltimore, thinking it would be just the one drink...

And so, at 6am this morning I said goodbye to the last of the party guests. Most of the cast & crew reappeared in Baltimore, and my place was nominated as the Place of Continuation. Good craic, and it marked the occasion perfectly.

Today was my own official New Year's Day - which I love to have as a soulful, quiet day. And although the day became unexpectedly sociable (my "nipping out to the shop" ended up taking four hours - I met a lovely Malahide couple I used to babysit for a zillion years ago), it has been a delight.

And it was on this day that An Ideal Husband debuted many years ago - as they'd say in The Big Chill, there's a certain symmetry to that :-)

No comments: