Wednesday, March 17, 2010

what's in a name

'What film are you going to see?' asks the nice waitress as she sets down our pre-cinema dinner.

A good question.

There were misconceptions galore.
I thought we were going to see the Coen Brothers' movie, which I thought was called A Simple Man.
One friend thought we were going to see A Simple Man, the Colin Firth/Julianne Moore film.
The third (and usually always right) person knew exactly what was ahead of us: A Serious Man, by the Coen Brothers.

Sigh. And I thought I'd done well to distinguish A Simple Man from A Simple Plan and A Beautiful Mind.

Of course, later I was trying to think of the title of Blood Simple. Distrust abounded.

Anyhoo, in other news, the photos from the Shakespeare in the Garden are now uploaded over at the Drama blog. Thanks to Ger, again!

No comments: