Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coffee morning

So, today the Tidy Towns folk had their great big coffee morning in the Sailing Club, at which the results of the 'Reflections of Baltimore' photography competition were announced. I had helped with the judging, and went along, figuring that they might need someone to stone afterwards.

There was great coffee and a smorgasbord of treaty things, and lots of lovely, quite irresistible plants (I'm going through another agave phase...) When it was raffle time, I had one of the winning tickets! I bounced up, deliberated over the table of prizes, and chose some champagne (okay, not a huge amount of deliberation; perhaps more of an instinctual lunge). As I went back through the crowd someone said 'You have Blue 19!' I explained that I had Blue 16, that I'd picked the champagne. But it turned out that the next ticket had been drawn, and was also mine :-)

So, I chose a little basket of house plants, which turned out to be secretly stuffed with other treaty things: gift voucher for a garden centre, bird feeder, doggie treats (coming soon to a Benny near me), and little plant accessories. Fantastic.

Well, that was more than enough excitement for one day. You'd almost need a little tipple of something fizzy to calm the nerves...

4 comments:

TomRourke said...

And not one mention of one of the other great features of the morning, sartorially speaking that is!

Orlaith said...

Oh the outfit... well it was more than an outfit: an entire clothing-accessories-hair-skin systeme (one of the accessories being a child) that was witnessed/endured this morning. I actually gasped.

However, I had blocked that from my mind. And besides, I try reeeeeally hard not to be downright mean :-)

Anonymous said...

Tone of incredulity on your part makes you human like the rest of us...sainthood is unattractive. Benny deserves treats, gave up socks this evening as a result of the Orlaith School of Dog Training!!!
GrĂ¡

Orlaith said...

Ha ha!! Maybe we should try training him to locate and destroy certain, very special, branded socks...

Will be around with treats (and Bead Repair Kit) later today :-)