Friday, April 10, 2009

News round up

Well, Tuesday disappeared in a flurry of catch-up sessions with friends. Rehearsal on Wednesday evening was postponed because there was a press launch for the Heritage Festival (brochure available here), and some of the piratey cast went along.

This year, one of the festival highlights is the restoration of the 'Ilen', a boat (locally-built, in the 1920s I think) which spent decades in the Falklands, and has come home to be spruced up. To mark the occasion, our VIP guests were... oh I can't remember their proper (peer/job) titles - basically they owned the Falklands in the 1960s. Anyhoo, they were delightful. The evening got everyone geared up for next weekend (walking, sailing, pirating and craftey things - including those gorgeous lobster pots I fell in love with on Sherkin Island; there's a treat coming up for me).

Posted by Picasa

Yesterday's pub quiz was great craic, and had joint winners, one of whom was The Fastnet Falcons. Go us!!!

And today, being Good Friday, the village seems pretty chilled. Gruelling day so far: lazy breakfast, sauna, coffee... and now there's a whole roasting-of-food système happening in the kitchen, which I have nothing to do with. Love that!

Guess I'll just kick back, watch Murder, She Wrote, maybe do a crosaire...

Have a fabulous Easter, all :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So there is a picture of Gerry Smith!

Orlaith said...

Oh sooner or later, I capture everyone. Snicker snicker :-)

[In truth, I got on-the-spot approval.]