Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bunny Blog

Okay, turns out that Good Friday has its own special traditions here. One restaurant in the village stays open, and serves wine (as long as you're eating). The standard order seemed to be:
- chips x 1
- bottle of wine x 2

And there's also the folk who head to Sherkin for some Good Friday fun, er... I mean, ritual observances. One local reappeared on Saturday morning, having missed the last ferry. Well, if he will insist on reciting just one more decade of the rosary...

And then I walked into the village yesterday and it was like someone had beamed down InstaSailingCrowd. Hundreds and hundreds of people, more than 100 perfect little white sails, looking like neat handkerchiefs gliding across the bay. I huddled at the local table at Bushes; tried to cope with the shock as I was told 'Jaysus this is nothing, Girl!'

The summer is suddenly looking a whole lot more productive for me :-) And while I missed getting a photo of the zillions of boats, later in the afternoon Glenans were practicing. And shouting. A lot.



Anyhoo, then this morning I headed out for a run on the hamster wheel, and was caught by something glittery among my geraniums.



The ever-mysterious Easter Bunny had been :-)

So, before the day gets taken over with rugby (Come on Munster!!!) and pints and skyping with family and friends, right now it's quiet: night lights lit; coffee made. And instead of the traditional Messiah (yeah yeah, first performed in Fishamble Street in Dublin) I've opted for Forever Changes by Love, without a doubt the trippiest dippiest album ever. It would make you want to go and hand out blossoms to strangers...

And it's perfect :-)

Have a gorgeous weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know the name of the Easter Bunny? I'm afraid.

Orlaith said...

My Spidey Senses tell me that you have correctly guessed the true identity of the Easter Bunny.

It's all that CSI over the years - our detective skills are honed :-)