Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Medley

Piccies from the British Museum last night: we got to see a good selection of what was on, though I think we'd have both gazed at the islamic calligraphy demonstration for the entire two hours. While we were there, the calligrapher wrote out a verse from Rumi:

“When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them.”


It was fresh in my mind because, coincidentally, someone had tweeted that verse the day before :-)

Anyhoo, a fun night, which continued down in Chinatown for food and several much-needed refreshing beers. For it was, as the song goes, hot in the city.



Forgot to mention - last Friday's 'Sorry I Haven't A Clue' session at the South Bank Centre was just great. Lots of sexual puns (which I did my best to keep up with). The highlight of the evening was Festival Hall brimming with the audience's interpretation of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' on wazoo. Yes, wazoo. Great musical moment. And the wazoo is not as easy as it appears...

Have a great weekend, folks X

No comments: