Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sunny New Year

At last, pause for breath!

Today is still and sunny - the Big Freeze is due in tomorrow, so I shall take advantage of this halcyon day to re-stock the cupboards.

I love the story of 'halcyon days' - that halcyon birds (kingfishers) built their nests in little crevices on stormy cliffs (or built them floating on the sea itself). For two short weeks while their eggs were hatching, the seas calmed their constant buffetting. And then the violent storms kicked in again... I used to think it meant 'golden days', but it's more the calm between storms.

Anyhoo, after that, life will be about Nosey Rosie rewrites :-)

Our next performance isn't until Saturday night (note to self: take camera), so I figure I can risk a sauna - if it makes my cold flare up, there's recuperation time a'plenty. But I am on the mend, praise!

[There's a family standing outside the sitting room window, chatting away to the kittens who are outrageously on display, stretched out on the chaise longue. I am trying my best not to giggle...]

And in other news:

2 comments:

TomRourke said...

Glad the cold is on the mend. Given how well you did when you could barely speak I'm sure Saturday will be a "show to beat Sherkin". It struck me over Christmas that if Baltimore ever wanted to establish an attraction like a moving crib, your front window would be the obvious place to put it, given the footfall etc. OK better go work before the idea of Dubh and Max dressed as Mary and Joseph takes too much of a hold....

Orlaith said...

Ha ha! Given the kitties' current mood, I imagine their crib would be based on the apocryphal gospel where the Stealth Ninja Assault Team raze the stable to the ground and demolish all inside.

Little shreds of swaddling clothes and tufts of wool would be all that remain...