Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The week beginneth

I'm back on Irish time now, after indulging in the spirit of the UK's Bank Holiday weekend :-)

Well, the goldfish are missing their house guest, who is back in London, safe and sound. And while you can still catch the lingering maple-syruppy scrumminess of this morning's pancakes, the lovely lady is most certainly gone. Little sigh.

The weekend was a classic mix for us: lazy breakfasts and old buildings and plants and purdy stained glass and conversations over wine and bemusing encounters with every eccentric within a twenty-mile radius (I swear, it's like we're drawn along ley lines straight to the quirky folk). Anyhoo, a lovely weekend.

One stop along our travels was the Wishing Tree, which stands sentinel over a holy well (supposed to be good for eyesight). Actually, the tree is 'trees', at least two. On first sight, it was a bit Blair Witchey for me, but I was soon won over. It's festooned with all kinds of things and mementos: ribbons, stones, crystals, coins, a Pink Floyd cassette...



Luckily, I always have ribbon on hand for such occasions :-)

2 comments:

TomRourke said...

WD40, ribbon.....welcome to Orlaith's General Store! (OK, old joke I know but first 04:00 start in months and I'm still in shock!)

Orlaith said...

A 4am start - yikes!

I'm just sure WD40 is tooooootally normal to have around the place - certainly, for anyone who has goldfish.