Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blood matters

Just back from giving blood. Like last time, I went over my recent food habits as I wandered in: popcorn featured heavily, but there were seeds too - they surely have lots of trace good things - and that burger I cooked up before I left the house must count for something...

Anyhoo, iron levels & blood pressure were declared "perfect". I lay back, scrunching one of those rubber chew-bones for dogs, and we were done before the lovely nurse had finished telling me all about her favourite thrillers.

Afterwards, they like you to hang out for a bit so there's no sneaky fainting once you get outside. So I loitered, refusing guinness and beer (on this gorgeous sunny afternoon, sigh), and nibbled at chocolate while sipping fizzy orange. I got my not-likely-to-faint seal of approval, and off I went.

Inside my head, things sounded like this:



Anyhoo, home now, no more driving. And you know the fourteenth rule of blood donation: give a pint, take a pint.

The bordeaux is breathing :-)

No comments: