Thursday, May 7, 2009

Alternative Window Treatments

I'm still refusing to get net curtains for my oh-so-popular front window (ah, the O'Sullivan-Fitzgerald strain of stubbornness, a mix of bulldog tenacity and I'm-on-my-high-horse-and-sooo-in-the-right obduracy).

Ahem. Anyhoo, so my Next Bright Idea for the window is this: while I'm waiting for the teeny tiny but growing-just-as-fast-as-they-can sweet pea to screen the outside, I'll train a jasmine on the inside. And while at present, the plucky little plant would obscure the view for someone standing in a very specific spot and peering from the level of, say, a daschund, I'm confident that in no time at all it'll provide a soft verdant protective partition.

And it smells way better than polyester.

3 comments:

TomRourke said...

Of course now your problem is the crowds of people who are coming to visit just to see for themselves the increasingly bizarre lengths you'll go to to avoid having to put up net curtains.....

Orlaith said...

Ha ha! There's always a down-side...

Alexa said...

Window treatments could really be a wonderful design for your house windows. This would be a great thing because it would add some colors and brighten up your homes to make you feel more comfortable.