Monday, May 25, 2009

Baltimore Wooden Boat Festival, Part 1

So, last year I was staying in Rosscarbery at this time of year. I noticed a poster for the Wooden Boat Festival, and thought I'd nip over, maybe take some photos for my sailing-loving brother.

I came here pretty early on the Saturday morning - they were still setting up stands - but there were a lot of people around, and I drove through the village trying to find somewhere to park... I found Baltimore an odd mix of very touristy folk and very local locals - I didn't really feel like I fit into either camp. So I had a wander, took a few snaps for my brother, and headed home.

This year's festival was a different experience for me (you can click to enlarge):



And this is before I even got out onto the water!

Beautiful weekend :-)

2 comments:

TomRourke said...

Well on the basis of Part 1, I'm making an advance booking in the diary for Part 2. Great pics and green with envy......

Orlaith said...

It was SO lovely. Great people, celebratory atmosphere, fantastic food - and the sun shone! For two whole days!!