Wednesday, March 18, 2009

London Life

"I never thought it would hap-pen with me and the gi-irl from Clapham..."

So, I'm over in London visiting a friend for the week (note to self: see if Sara will guest blog). All excited to be here!

Wandered around a sunshiney Balham yesterday afternoon, noting the new and the old familiar places. Easily avoided the St Pat's Day rent-a-drinking-crowd (those tall furry green hats can be spotted a mile off). Enjoyed retracing steps, filled with memories of different times, of friends who used to live here, and have since moved up north, or to Dublin, Devon, Shanghai... they're a scattered lot these days.

Outstanding catch-up evening, involving superb mexican food & the most heavenly margaritas, which seemed to keep magically appearing.

I'm not entirely certain how many margaritas you could shake a stick at, but I'm pretty sure we left that number far far behind, until it disappeared completely into the horizon.

I know. She's a dreadful influence.

No comments: