Tuesday, March 3, 2009

From Manatees to Mice

The 'restock candles' alarm is beeping - on my way out shortly. Precisely the kind of shopping I love :-)

First half of the day was blustery, rainy, dark, and quite suddenly turned sunshiney. I was walking along the seafront, pondering how strong the currents might be on a day like today, and I thought of those Weeki Wachi mermaids, who hang out in five mile-an-hour currents like it was no big thing. Which of course meant I should go and find that great manatee & mermaid picture...


None of which is related to today's writing, which is about a work meeting. Sigh. I feel like Bagpuss's mice-from-the-mouse-organ should be throwing ropes around the scene, chirping 'Heave. Heeeeeeave!'

Unless the meeting was interrupted by a death, or (yes Sean, you've guessed it) a vortex. Hmm, that might stir things up...

2 comments:

Sean said...

Mmmmm. Vortex. Water. Mermaids. "a man could have himself a pretty good weekened in Vegas with all that stuff!" :-)

Orlaith said...

HA HA HA!! Actually crying with laughter.

You are a muppet.