Thursday, March 12, 2009

An early delivery

Ding-dong.

Snuffle snuffle, trudge out to answer the door.

And there stands a friend: arms filled with brownies, cookies, rum, and a box set of The Muppet Show. She hands them over, turns & heads on her way (knowing that I'm not a huge fan of conversing when I'm poorly).

Reactions:
1) Oh my goodness that is the sweetest thing ever...
2) Come back! For making hot rum: is it like hot port but rummy?
3) [by this time, closing the door, reassured that I can make hot rum, and oooh-ing over the goodies] Now how on earth is all this going to encourage me to get well???

I'm clearly scheming to have the longest cold in history.

Dum de dum... here's a gem from the very first episode:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to relax **completely** into this experience! And what better way to pass a Thursday?

Orlaith said...

Oh Neil, you are wise beyond your years! Now, where did I put that rum...

--your humble (and soon to be a little tipsy) student

:-)