Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Round Up

Lovely bank holiday weekend, despite our group suffering from chicken pox and trapped nerves and too-much-sun queasiness. And a spilled beer (that last one was mine; little sigh...)

First of all, must catch up from the weekend before last's milestone birthday! Belated birthday wishes Laura!




Which brings us to last weekend's milestone birthday. Which began with a day for the lay-dees.

Friday morning, my sister and I went to the hairdresser together (which we realised, is a first for us). It's a glossy environment, whose rapid-fire talk revolves wholly around (horrific) celebrity gossip. Needless to say, I am not in my element. Trying to stay involved in the conversation, I ask my umpteenth idiotic question. Mr Assistant Hair asks, deadpan "Do you live in a cave?" Sigh. I think all hope is lost until talk turns to film. "See, you seem to live in the boondocks, but then you give a pitch-perfect assessment of Watchmen", muses Mr Head Hair approvingly. I explain that it comes from an era when I knew my comics.

Anyhoo, so the Hair Experience was followed by lunch, shopping of the treaty variety, and dinner (Bon Appetit in Malahide). Aaaaah, dinner...

(you can click to enlarge)


Gorgeous evening. Happy Birthday Tara!

No comments: