Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another penguin ending

Day two of a proper, organised daily schedule. Three will make a pattern. Fingers crossed...

Writing going well, as are rehearsals. My sister entrusted me with a vampy lipstick and lipliner; not that I'm wearing them yet, but I think they're psychologically supporting me - in the vampy role, that is, rather than in writing. (Hmm. Although now that I think of it, maybe, just maybe...)

Anyhoo, here's a recent interview with Berkeley Breathed on this month's publication of the very last strip of Opus, the world's favourite neurotic penguin.

You can see the last strip here and the final reveal here.

In the lead-up, there was much speculation about the fate of Opus, which Berkeley faces head on:


"K-k-k-kill? I've never said the K word. Did I? Don't YOU say that. COMPLETELY depressing. He's Passing Into the Ages. A Christian Scientist appreciates the distinction. Opus will be where I'd like to think of him being for the rest of my life ... which will be a small surprise to many readers. And possibly a Sopranos-like disappointment for some, but I simply will not bow to clichés this late in the game."
Be happy, Opus.

And in other news:

No comments: