Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Morning harmony

I tend to have routine songs that go through my head on a regular basis: On the Road Again (Shrek-style) for starting the car, that kind of thing. They're sometimes annoying, sometimes endearing, to me at least.

Anyhoo, in this house there is a mug that I tend to use for coffee in the morning. It's a Christmas mug, and the mornings find me heating milk, singing "Oh, the weather outside is frightful..." Sara switched it one day to a cat mug, and the two of us appraised it, considering the possibilities.

One morning of What's New, Pussycat was quite enough.

So, there's a new mug. And with it, a new song. About a laydee in satin tights, fightin' for our rights...


Truly, she is a wonder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - now slightly scared - am I going to come home to a house of superheroes (well, any more than usual) as I find they are really poor housemates - leaving washing up undone just because they are needed to save the world again, forgetting to put out the archvillains with the rubbish on bin day etc, not to mention the tuna...

Orlaith said...

But think of the satin tights!!

Okaaaaay, all is well. I remembered the bins :-) Tally ate all, yes all, her breakfast this morning. *And* she wanted to be stroked. It's a whole new world!

What's that? Someone in danger? Off I go....

Hope the holiday is fabulous!! Miss you XXX