Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bushes Communiqué

Broadband is still fritzey, so I’m sitting in Bushes, with an open crab sandwich ordered and a selection of village wifi to choose from…

The week is simply zipping by. And although for me, it’s much taken up with visiting friends, conversation with others tends to be about when I’m off – so regularly asked, that my answers sound like a countdown. This close to leaving, I have a tendency to nurture a pre-emptive nostalgia. Today in the Glebe I took a moment to walk through the garden by myself, enjoying the breathtaking bank of iris, the myriad aquilegia, the papaver… I remembered past seasons, past visits – sunshiney coffees and meals and rehearsals and birthdays and performances.

And I slipped off my shoes and walked barefoot on the warm grass, savouring the sensation and knowing that I’d remember it another time, perhaps in a city, and would savour it all over again.

Pics from Sunday night, when the Drama Group had a little 'do' to say goodbye, which turned into a session before the setting sun...

No comments: