Friday, February 12, 2010

Disturbia

The kitties rush to the chaise longue to look out of window: it's a thing they do for the arriving postman, and for the kids who stop to wave at them and praise their cuteness.

But it's not the postman, or passers-by. A man is across the road, looking through the debris outside the builders' yard. The kitties watch, super-alert: Max is hunched over, all intent; Dubh is up on hind legs like a meercat.

The man picks something up and turns: it's a hefty hunk of concrete. He walks - towards my car at first, which gets my full attention - and then turns onto the pavement, past my house, and goes in next door. My new neighbour.

Maybe he doesn't have a copy of War and Peace to use as a yoga block. I expect that's it...

Have a scrumptious weekend, all!

:-)

No comments: