Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No-one gets out alive

Off I went to drop off some rubbish, took four steps onto the pavement when I realised the glossy sheen to the path was not freshly fallen rain but slick ice. I stood, with two rubbish bags, wobbling, while planning a course of action.

There were several cars up at the top of the hill, setting up bollards to block off the road. A friend pulled up - he was trying this exit rather than the other hilly road coming out of Baltimore (which it turns out, is just as treacherous). 'There's no getting out of the village now,' he declared, turning and retreating home.

And I too retreated, reshuffling my To Do list in the hope that the Road Elves work their magic. For there's another Nosey Rosie road trip planned, and there's venison to collect :-)

No comments: