Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pre-Den

At the Craftey Market on Sunday, Sharon and I rattled on about Nosey Rosie to all and sundry. There's an ease of delivery between us, whether we're talking to kids or pitching to adults; somewhere along the way we've developed an easy style.

With the Dragons' Den airing this evening, I was thinking about how in the lead up to it, the idea of being interviewed and filmed and that film being shown nationwide - as it would with many of us - did not fill Sharon with a happy glowy feeling. She worked hard to prepare for the Dragons: clothing samples, book samples, business plan. She faced a lot of challenges - and fears - in order to walk in that door. I guess for me, I wish circumstances had been such that I could have been in Dublin by her side, just to wait with her, and wish her well until the second she walked in there.

So congratulations Sharon, for your talent and bravery and willpower in getting to that doorway and going through it. I'm glad that I get to toast you tonight in person :-)

And actually, I might have a little pre-toast toast now. It's been a sunshiney day, featuring the Fabulous Baking Lady (all hail her millionaire's shortbread). I seem to have spent much time meandering online trying to find a good illustration of a demon - setting that to one side now! Time to get some writing done :-)

"Do one thing every day that scares you."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: