Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baggage

My belongings are out of long-term storage. Friday, they bid farewell to Madeira and set sail for me! I dare to dream that I'll be unpacked by Christmas.

Obviously, my popcorn maker isn't in Madeira. Who would be bat-crazy enough to leave such a treasure behind? No, that stayed by my side throughout (and indeed, expired, and was promptly reincarnated).

Apart from organising Madeiran things, today has been all about writing: screenplay work, where words are punchy and concise and waffle-free. Not at all usual for me.

Okay yes, there was a sauna, but that was during an approved break time. And it was for medicinal purposes (cough cough).

Anyhoo, while we're on the subject of stuff, these people buy unclaimed cargo & baggage by the truckload to sell on. Interesting to see what kind of things have been left behind over the years - engagement ring, guidance system for an F16 jet, 40-carat emerald, shrunken head...

No mention of a popcorn maker.

No comments: